What Happens in Vegas?



My dad was a military man and has been many places all over the world, but never Vegas.    For his 70th bday my husband and I bought his plane ticket and paid for his hotel and took him on a crazy ride!  We had soooo much fun!  We got to go see Carrot Top, Terry Fator, and Cirque du soleil.  So where am I going with this?  While I was at Terry Fator's show, I found out about this cool website!  It's called Read to Me.  It has books that headline acts read to children.  I can totally see myself using these books as
mentor texts for reading and writing.   Some other cool online read alouds by cool people are:  Stories Online and Barnes & Noble Stories Online. You can also always look up titles on Youtube to find stories read aloud.  Here are some examples:  Tim Tebow reading Green Eggs and Ham, Justin Bieber reading The Cat in the Hat.   Do you know of any others that are free?  I know you can also pay for these:  Tumblebooks and Speakaboos. Anyway, I think that online stories are powerful, whether they listen to them individually or as an entire class.  I don't know a kid in school that doesn't like a read aloud!  Switch it up for a change.  :) 
For some reason my captions aren't working.  1st picture is of the Terry Fator Show, 2nd is of my hubby, me, and my dad, the last is of me and two of my co-workers who came to join in the fun!  :)
Read on.

3 comments

  1. Cool! Thanks for sharing that site...:) Sounds like you had a fabulous Vegas trip!

    Vicky
    Keep Calm & Imagine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to share those stories with my kiddos!! The boys will love to hear Tim Tebow reading and the girls will just swoon over hearing Justin Bieber!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these two sites you mentioned! I just added them to my Symbaloo page here for my listen to reading center http://www.symbaloo.com/mix/listentoreading3

    ReplyDelete