The Simple Truth

This is semi-sad...but oh, so true.  As I post my travels on facebook, my friends all comment on how easy my life must be.  My mother does think I'm a teaching genius.  With all the budget cuts going on, the suits obviously think that we have nothing but time to waste.  My kids do think I'm evil some days.  I believe that I'm the best teacher I can be (most days).  And the sad part is....the last picture is pretty realistic...that stack is the stack of five paragraph essays sitting on my kidney table.  I remember the good old days, when I didn't teach to a test and the kids actually explored and taught themselves with a little direction from me.  Oh, and I also remember the day when we could actually discipline children without worrying about being sued.  Ah, the good ol' days.  I have faith that it'll come back around.  Until then, I'll just keep on joking and laughing with my kids...and shoving info down their throats all the while.

Push on.

1 comment