1. Pass out the sentences that were copied onto card stock paper and cut up.
2. Have the students create a complete sentence with the four pieces they've been given. Make sure they know that the capital letter and the punctuation do not HAVE to be in their normal place.
3. Have them pair-share their sentences.
4. Have student take out their Show Me Wallet 5Ws and an H pieces.
5. Have students label their sentences with the appropriate triangles.
6. Let them pair up and correct each other's sentences first. Let them make changes if needed.
7. Have them switch the sentence up again. Repeat.