I'm back in the game...

WOAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! What a school year this has been! I was one silly girl to think that I would have time to start a new grade level and keep up with a blog. Wishful thinking. Well, now it's a new year: 2012! With the new year, of course comes a resolution or two. This year's resolution? To post at least one entry per week. Can I keep up? LOL

The past semester has been a whirlwind, but in a great way. I absolutely love, say again...LOVE, looping! Sadly, because of the transient population of my school, I only looped up with half of my fourth grade class. I was pretty sad to see my kids go, but I have been incredibly lucky with the new kids that came in their place. I have 28 fifth graders this year. Yep, you read that right...28! I have gotten up as high as 30, but seem to have settled back down to 28...for now. I have a very diverse group: IEPs, 504s, ESLs, ED, AND gifted! Did I mention we're a Title I school? Taste that rainbow! :) In the beginning of the year, I was trying to learn everyone's accommodations as well as learn how to juggle 28 kids (10 more than I had at the end of the year last year and 5 more than the largest class I've ever had). As cool and calm as I usually am, I thought my head was going to spin right off my neck! But, after a couple of weeks, things settled down and we were on our way!

I leave you with the cartoon that represents room 34...



Still to come...Highlights for the first semester.

No comments

Post a Comment